Okay and now the gripes:
* Safari in OS X changed the tab-opening behavior to be more like iOS, opening new tabs next to the current one. Not what I want.
* Full-screen Mail.app doesn't show total number of messages in a mailbox, just the number of unread.
* Can't reorder screens. Need to close out applications and re-open in the order that I want.
* And in particular the Desktop always has to be the leftmost screen. I'd love to have a Desktop, and Mail to the left and iTerm to the right.
* Swipes are too similar. Back/forward a page in Safari is two fingers, back/forward a screen is three fingers. When I'm idly plinking away I've not swiped exactly right and ended up doing the other.
* I'd love next/previous tab gestures. More useful than back/forward a page.
* Invoking the dock while in a Full Screen application is tetchy at best. I haven't figured out the magic. It's not as easy as "cursor to the bottom of the screen", I have to wiggle it a little too.
* Or, failing that, I'd love to just turn off the dock entirely everywhere other than Mission Control. I'm getting more and more comfortable without it.
* Would be nice for some particular applications to be allowed to overlay on a full-screen application (like an IM window, really). It's a little jarring to switch between whole screens for something as (relatively) incidental as that.
* Oh! I forgot this one! Seems like mousing around on the trackpad doesn't wake up the display? Didn't it used to? Or am I forgetting something.